Monday, December 26, 2011

The beginning

It all began with a search on Craigs List. I was searching for a used Jeep and I decided to see if any old trucks were available. I had wanted an early 30s Ford pickup since I was a teenager. Over the years I had looked a little but not too seriously because I knew I couldn't afford to spend the money. I typed in 1932 Ford Truck and to my surprise the search found one in Vidalia, Georgia where my family was originally from. The add said 1934 Ford Truck $750.00. It was hard to believe because I had never seen one that cheap. I emailed the owner and ask if he still had the truck and could he send me some photos.



I'm not sure what I saw in the photos, but I decided it was the right truck at the right time for the right price. So on the day after Thanksgiving 2010 I headed to Vidalia to pickup the truck. My son, Kevin, traveled with me and took photos of our great adventure.






The man in the stripe shirt is Bubba Brantley whom I bought the truck from. He said he purchased the truck from a salvage yard years earlier where it had been used for many years. The truck turned out to be a one and a half ton flat bed farm truck. It had a tag on the front from 1941. Now I know that it's not a pickup truck but at this point I thought I could convert it into one.

1 comment:

  1. These are amazing pictures i havent seen. I will show Kevin. If anyone can turn rust into a ride...you can. The adventure has begun.....

    ReplyDelete